Sunday, January 18, 2015

Final Farewell to C. Wonder



With the entire store on final sale with 75% off, I really couldn't resist myself. I took a day trip with the hubby and set out for some shopping at C. Wonder. With rumors that the last few stores will be closing within the week or latest by the end of the month, I was expecting to find a barely empty store. I was pleasantly surprised because they had a decent amount of inventory left. I was able to get my hands on most of the items that I wanted plus a few more. I even picked up some extra items to have in case if I need last minute gifts for an occasion. With items at 75% off its a win-win situation.



The store itself was a fun store to shop. Very colorful and cheerful with unique fixtures; like a rainbow zebra. (All store fixtures are on sale too, including zebra.)


I did buy a lot but only because the items were discounted. Unfortunately I don't think I would have paid full price for any of those items and maybe that's why the store is closing. After reading several articles on the closing of C. Wonder I now understand what many critiques meant when they stated that the product and price point did not coincide. By no means do I think that the items look cheap, maybe just overpriced.

 

I think the Monogram Jewelry Boxes are a MUST have. They end up being $19.50. I got one for myself in white and grabbed some extra jewelry boxes to give as gifts. 
As you can see I also got a lot of jewelry. Most expensive item was $15 and cheapest $5.
*I really wanted the fuchsia monogram jewelry box but they did not have it with my initial. 

 

I really did love a lot of their shoes. The only reason why I only bought two pairs is because I could not find my size. I usually wear a size 7; however, I found the shoes to run a 1/2 size too big. I ended up getting a size 6.5.  I can't wait to wear my Kiss Me Flats during Valentine's month and the Cork Wedge Pumps I know will go with almost any outfit for the Spring and Summer. 
Kiss Me Flats ended up being $37 and the Cork Wedge Pumps were $34.50. Total bargain.
*I also fell in love with the wedge shoes in the Coral color; however, I could not find them in my size. 

These are a couple of the "extra" items that I grabbed for gifts. 

Cocktail Table Topics Game - $5.00

Garden Scented Votive Candle Set - $7.00

Overall, I am very happy with my purchases. I can't wait to wear the jewelry and my cute shoes. 
If you live nearby a C. Wonder store I would suggest that you visit before it closes.

As for now... farewell C. Wonder.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment