Monday, September 15, 2014

The Limited Scandal Collection: Fabulous & Fierce

(@ScandalItalia via Twitter)
I started watching the TV series Scandal this past year. After watching a couple of episodes, I was hooked. I managed to watch 29 episodes in a matter of a month to catch up to the current season. While watching this show, what really captivated me was Olivia Pope's wardrobe (Kerry Washington). Costume designer Lyn Paolo surely knows how to put an outfit together. She manages to make Olivia Pope look feminine, delicate, powerful and sexy, all at once. All those white and ivory suits, sexy gowns and amazing trench coats...oh I could go on and on. 

So when the bombshell was dropped back in June, I jumped for joy. The Limited was going to be launching a Scandal Collection designed in collaboration with Lyn Paolo and Kerry Washington. All those stunning outfits now within my reach and budget. 


(@Kerry Washingston via Facebook)
Ever since that announcement, I have been eagerly waiting for a sneak peak or a lookbook. We were shown two sketches, swatches and most recently the Scandal Collection clothing tag. Overall, there hasn't been much information released. That was until this past Friday, when finally we were given a sneak peak into the collection. ET News aired a small segment into the Scandal inspired fashion line. YES!


The outfits are beautiful. I love the neutral palette and rich fabrics of the tailored collection. The line consists of suits, coats, gloves, dresses and gowns. There will be 78 pieces ranging from $49 to $250. I hope they release a lookbook soon so that I can make my wish list and strategize. The collection inspired by the drama series Scandal arrives in stores and online September 23rd. Gladiators, mark you calendars!


Checkout the ET segment on the Scandal Collection:
www.etonline.com

Also, there is a new video of the collection that Kerry Washington shared via Facebook late Sunday night. 
www.vimeo.com

www.thelimited.com

(@The Limited via Facebook)



(@The Limited via Facebook)
Are you looking forward to this collection?

Like Sparkle.Live.Laugh on Facebook & 
join the shopping event for all the updates on the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment